Tuesday, August 2, 2011

The beginning of an era...

Hello Dip Lovers!

Dips are possibly my favourite food group. And I think they belong in their own classification as they are a food unto themselves which essentially combine all the food groups... often resulting in any random mix of fruits, vegetables, legumes, dairy and meat/seafood. This is why I love them. You can put any variety of ingredients together and blend them up to create magical, easy to eat, culinary delights. Consequently I have established my own dip company where I would like to share my concoctions with the world, well my local area anyway.

My flagship dip has always been hummus, or hommus, or houmus, or humus. You can spell it in almost as many ways as you can make it. Which is what I like to do. I have made about ten different types of hummus over the years, almost none of which ever really taste the same as I love to experiment with flavours. Then comes the variety of pestos, salsas, eggplant, spinach and dairy based dips. I came up with a list of dips for people to choose from which is on the facebook group also called Devins Delicious Dips but realised that I am probably just going to keep creating new dips and experimenting then refining the best ones.

So please leave dip suggestion comments or anything you want really and I shall endeavour to follow up on them. I always like a good dip challenge. In fact my friend Audrina has sent me a dessert dip challenge which I shall soon be embarking on. I shall post the results soon.

Happy Dipping!

Dev.

No comments:

Post a Comment